Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shiran's advice

I have been working on that title for almost 1.5 years this does not include time spent on my ccna and ccnp tracks and experience. getting a ccie was a really hard and fulfilling journey that i am very happy to see these results.

My game plan is:

1) you must constantly learn, to be successful.

2) the first is the most important. - the first what is most important? not sure what you meant here...

3) set your self a goal and stick to it

4) experience experience experience experience

5) don't stop until you understand the subject fully

Note: how do you know if you understand the subject? go into one of the group study web sites and look for questions on that subject and see if you know what to answer. also, if you see an answer, remember there can be other answers. most of the time there are multiple ways to approach a problem.

I see a lot of candidates that take one track after the other: ccna to ccnp to ccie without taking any brake or having any real life experience. once they encounter the real world they stumble. my advice (it is not a rule but a good life experience advice) is- ccna is a basic title and should give you a good starting point if you do not have any experience or any knowledge. now if you got you ccna and you didn't touch a router accept for in the exam course, i suggest you work with the equipment for at least one year or 6 months before you start the ccnp. why you ask?! well, for one you will have some experience that you will need for the ccnp and secondly, ccnp although it is only written test, expects you to be more "familiar" with the technology. i myself waited 3 years before i started studying for the ccie track.

So that is it for now!

Wait! i will not let you go that easy:

here is a small ccna level (maybe ccnp) question:

i have a router in my home, and in my home network i have an ip phone. now i want to set a qos on my router so i will be able to talk on the phone while i giving my brother access to download files from my ftp site. how can i do this? answer forthcoming in my next blog post.

Tip: "think of the priority and packet size"

No comments:

Post a Comment