Saturday, May 9, 2009

Story of Maniks

Couple days ago I passed CCIE lab exam. It was my second hit. As you already know I tried it in the december for the first time, and I was just couple of points under the line. It was very frustrating, but I made break for 3 weeks, and after that I started again.

I used these lab preparation materials in the last 10 months:


1) IEWB 3.0 - I did all 20 labs twice. WB should be used as resource for getting to know real lab format questions, not to learn technologies.

2) I had my small home lab in wich I practised IEWB scenarios and warious routing tasks that I could invent for myself. I tried to find out what should I see in debug output if I have working configuration or if I had non working configurations.

3) I did not practised switching a lot, because I am having it a lot of it in my daily job, and switching in both my attempts was no problem for me, so that is the main reason why I did not chase IEWB 4.0.

4) I never find a good QOS book that will meet my requirements: precise explanation, good diagrams and clear sequencing of QOS mechanisms, so I use everything I could find about QOS and read it (evry QOS book that I could find on GS and tons of files from CCO).

5) I mastered non-core topics from DoCCD."DocCD is your friend" - this is 100% true smile.gif.

6) I did not use any rack rentals, I used only my home lab and ASET labs.

7) I went to Heinz Ulm's 3 weeks CCIE R&S bootcamp. I heard very useful tips and tricks on the bootcamp, and find out that I should improve my time management. BTW, time management was the reason for my first attempt failure.

I hope this guidelines will help someone who is starting with lab preparation, and I wish you all good luck on your lab exam!!

No comments:

Post a Comment